Thursday, August 12, 2010

Review...Just Bitten lip marker

I've always loved coloring inside the lines. Even now as an adult I can still get my coloring fix! I've stumbled across super mom friendly makeup... just what is "Mom friendly makeup"? It's makeup that stays on YOU and not on your kids.

I tried a brand new product by Revlon. A marker or stain for your lips called Just Bitten. Here's what I love about it....

1. The colors are pretty true to the tube. That being said I chose "Gothic" which is a true red. I mean very, very red. I'm either a red lip gal or a nude lip gal. I haven't tried the nude colors so let me know what you all think if you decide to try them.
2. It comes with a lip balm, which is great because that's one less item I need to carry in my purse.
3. Once it's on it's not coming off, not even if you rub really hard. I had mine on all day until I ate a salad with oil and vinegar dressing but, even then the stain of color was still there. You pretty much need to scrub with a toothbrush and toothpaste to get it off.
4. I could kiss my kids and not worry about getting lip gloss or lipstick all over them.
5. The price was just right . It was about $8.00 which is a good drugstore price and even better than department store prices which can be up to $24.00

Here's what I didn't like about it....
 The only thing I didn't like was the packaging. I felt like it was a little too big for the amount of product and it really does look like a kids' marker but, I could get over that based on the price alone.

 I was a department store makeup snob for many years but, now with the economy the way it is I've learned that I can find equivalent items from the drugstore. Of course there are still quite a few things that can only be found in a department store but, for the most part there are some really great products out there for a great price.
 If you would like more posts like these please comment below and let me know so, I can bring you more "Drug store cowgirl reviews"  ; )

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Now I need to go to the store and buy one RIGHT NOW to try it!! Sounds awesome! You know me though.........what about the ingredients?? Just how toxic is it??
    Thanx!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...