Sunday, September 5, 2010

Make-up Brushes that won't break your budget

Using the right tool to get the make-up effect you want is critical but, you don't have to spend a fortune on a great brush. Don't get me wrong I love my collection of designer brushes but, when you're a  make-up artist you need a couple of each brush you have and that can really add up. So I've been on the hunt for great brushes at a great price and I'm sharing my finds with you.
 The following brushes are actually ART brushes purchased from Michael's Art's and Craft Store for $2.99 each! That's a steal!!!
 This is how I used them.... First up was the 1/8 Angle shader from Simply Simmons. It gave a very thin precise line. I used it with a cream eyeliner in black from wet n' wild. This brush may be taking the place of my favorite Bobbie Brown Ultra fine eyeliner brush.
 Next, was the #8 Chisel blender from Simply Simmons. I used this to line my lower lash line and waterline with Bon Bon from Bare Minerals. This would also make a great line on the top lash line as well.
 and Finally, I added a little shimmery nude shadow from Bare Minerals in Nude Beach with the #10 Filbert brush from Simply Simmons. I used the shadow wet to get a more intense color. This brush is great for Mac pigments or any loose pigment shadows and also great for concealer. I actually bought two of these because I have similar ones and always need a few of these.
 I am very excited about these brushes! Their handles are very similar to the Bobbie Brown handle. They're tapered nicely and comfortable to hold. They say they are SHORT handles but that's compared to regular art brushes which are VERY long. All in all I HIGHLY recommend these to everyone!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tip. I would have never thought to look for makeup brushes at Michaels. At $2.99 you can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Mi0chaels!! You can find great things and ideas for a great price. Let me know what brushes you end up getting.
    Love your blog BTW : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...