No matter what color skin tone, hair color or eye color you have there is a red lipstick out there for you.
You just need to know what the undertone in your skin is to pick the right shade of red. For example if you have a warmer or yellow undertone then picking a red lipstick with the same tone or a red orange will look the most natural on you and if you have a cool or pink undertone then you should look for a blue red.
This picture of Jessica Alba is a good example of a blue red on a warmer skin tone.
This picture of Scarlett Johansson is a good example of a red orange lipstick on a warm or neutral skin tone.
Here are a few tips for looking great in red:1. ALWAYS wear a neutral eye with a strong lip. Lot's of mascara and neutral shadow are a good mix.
2. Choose a long wearing formula ( no one likes ring around the lip)
3. Wearing a neutral or nude lip liner with red will ensure a more natural looking lip.
4. Wearing a matching red lip liner creates a perfect looking lip.
5. Make sure your teeth are white. Some reds can make your grin look more yellow.
6. When in doubt ask a professional to help you out. Stop by your favorite make-up counter and ask to see a make-up artist. (remember not every gal behind the counter is an artist)